- Horeca vacatures van: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Standplaats: Leidsekade 97, 1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 96
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 24626
- Geplaatst op: 06-07-2022
You are that spontaneous smile at the entrance of Café Americain. Every guest that walks in our famous Art Deco restaurant does not want to leave after being welcomed by you! Do you offer VIP treatment to every guest you encounter and are you equally passionate about food and drink as you are about your favorite music? Then Café Americain wants you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and cheerful host(ess) for our team, for whom hospitality and enthusiasm are top priorities. You bring cheerfulness and joviality with you and know how to welcome our guests in such a manner that they never want to leave. As host(ess), you are responsible for reservations, and maintain telephone contact with our guests. You welcome them, take their coats and usher them to their table/s, where you introduce them to their waiter for the evening. Café Americain guests leave with a broad smile after you have said goodbye to them.
In the fifties, this had already established itself as a meeting place for Amsterdam locals; today, it has acquired iconic status next to the Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, which offers a truly phenomenal view of the Leidseplein. This well-known Art Deco restaurant is a modern brasserie that is breaking new ground with a blend of ‘class’ and ‘classics’. From early morning till late at night. Café Americain represents historic allure - according to the 21st century. Excellent quality, an accessible style, and brimming with personality. In addition to Amsterdam items on the All Day menu, it also offers Dutch ingredients.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned;
- Welcoming and greeting all guests upon their arrival in a friendly, professional and genuine manner. This will also be done by telephone and email according to departmental standards. Upon departure, the Host must create a positive after sale for our Café.
- Managing the reservations: drawing up an up-to-date guest list per day, maintaining it and ensuring that all guests’ whishes are answered.
- Establish and maintain, on the busiest days, a waiting list for guests, to minimize waitingtime.
- Placing guests in the restaurant and explaining the next steps of the service.
- Answering all questions about the Café, the hotel and Amsterdam, local knowledge is preferred.
- Communicating all wishes of the guests with the service team.
- Support in the restaurant and you will assist the service team if necessary.
- Ensure host stand is fully stocked with pens/pencils, note pads, reservation book, daily function sheet, toothpicks, and candies.
- Review property daily occupancy, group activity, VIP’s, and special guests.
- Accommodate guests with special needs, such as elderly guests or guests with disabilities.
- Communicate with supervisors and managers to ensure that assigned duties are completed to standard.
- Coordinate operations with other departments, as needed.
- Review and develop guest history records to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- At least one year of proven experience in a similar position;
- MBO+ work and think level.
- You have a high level of responsibility and are service oriented;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English. Any other language? Fantastic! The more the merrier;
- You have a presentable appearance;
- You have excellent communication and service-related skills;
- You are highly motivated, a flexible personality, with the ability to handle stress well;
- You have a proactive attitude, are creative and you see everything that happens;
- You are familiar with Micros (POS system);
- Thorough knowledge of wines and drinks, or at least you are keen to learn more about it.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time;
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists;
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear;
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders;
- Ability to occasionally move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 50 pounds / 25 kilograms;
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion;
- Ability to tolerate work under pressure due to peaks in workload;
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Not averse to rotating and weekend shifts, and working on public holidays;
- Passion for music and knowledge of music trends preferred.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US
- Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American is part of Eden Hotel Group
- The Eden Basics are in good hands with us. Think good collective insurances and a travel allowance
- Two free nights per year in an Eden Hotel of your choice
- Substantial discount on even more nights at Eden Hotels, also for Family & Friends
- Team member and family room rate discount at Hard Rock Hotels
- Inhouse experience at Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- 25 days of holiday (based on fulltime contract) and the option to buy 5 extra days of holiday
- Continued self-development at the School of Hard Rock
- Bicycle scheme via the company scheme
- Have your online orders conveniently delivered to the hotel
- A nice colleague bonus scheme
- Great colleagues and lots of (creative) freedom
- Cosy events and of course a nice gift for all the great moments in life
- Our Sjoerd Dijkstra foundation dedicates itself on your behalf to beautiful social projects in the hospitality industry for vulnerable groups in society
- At Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American, we value equality and diversity. Your gender, ethnicity, age or orientation make no difference during the application process. We are a company where everyone feels welcome and can be themselves. Whether you are young, slightly older, a student or a returnee.
Do you meet our expectations? Or can you convince us why you are the best fit for this position? Send us your motivation and C.V. in the most creative way possible!
Apply via e-mail: email@example.com
- Horeca vacatures van: Hard Rock Hotel Amsterdam American
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Personeelszaken Personeelszaken
- Adres: Leidsekade 97
1017 PN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 5563000
- Website: https://www.hardrockhotels.com/amsterdam-american/