- Horeca vacatures van: Hilton Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Apollolaan 138, 1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 187
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 34846
- Geplaatst op: 19-03-2021
Join the classic and iconic Hilton Amsterdam!
Hilton Amsterdam is a 5-star property with 271 hotel rooms, 21 banquet rooms, authentic Italian restaurant and a nautical style bar at a unique location. Famous for John Lennon and Yoko Ono's 1969 ‘bed-in for peace' and Hilton's first hotel in the Netherlands. The iconic hotel is built on the baseline of Plan Zuid, a district designed by prominent architect Berlage, which highlights the Amsterdam School of architecture and contains boutiques, designer shops and couture houses.
With our Team Members we have one goal to achieve: exceed our guests’ expectations and improve our outstanding service and high quality product on a daily basis. Together with our historical background it makes us ‘alive with originality’!
For our Half Moon Lounge (lounge & terrace) we are looking for a Food & Beverage Supervisor to reinforce our Half Moon Lounge Team on a full-time basis. The position includes the following main tasks:
- Is responsible for managing the lounge and terrace within the framework of Hilton Brand Standards
- Manages the Team Members of the lounge independently in accordance with the relevant guidelines
- Works with a sales-oriented attitude and is able to achieve the set financial goals
- Anticipates guests’ needs by constantly evaluating the environment and guests for cues
- Delivers outstanding guest service with a “guest comes first” attitude and ensures all Team Members work with the same philosophy
- Communicates and delegates tasks to the team to ensure a smooth running of the shift
- Assists with training by positively reinforcing successful performance and applying coaching techniques wherever necessary
- Develops positive relationships with team members and is able to address individual needs and concerns
- Organizes opening and closing duties, including cash handling and safety and security procedures
- Carries out administrative tasks for the department including scheduling and registration of working hours
- Complies with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislations
- Assists the Food and Beverage management team and supports other departments wherever necessary.
Required skills and competences
For this position, we are looking for an organized, pro-active and involved Food & Beverage enthusiast who can delight our guests and motivate our team members.
Therefore, we are looking for the following attitude and skills.
- You are committed to delivering high levels of guest service
- You act with integrity and honesty to support the culture, values and mission of Hilton
- Excellent communication skills required in English, Dutch speaking skills are preferred
- Minimum one year of relevant experience in a supervisory role, preferably in hospitality
- Good computer skills (Word, Outlook, Excel and cashiering systems)
- Good knowledge of spirits, cocktails and wines
- You are available both during the week and the weekend for early and late shifts
What can you expect from us?
Besides being listed as a Great Place to Work in the Large & Multinational workplaces we offer you the following:
- Intensive training period and a personal development program
- Internal transfer and promotion possibilities
- Employee discount on Hilton Worldwide hotel rooms via our international Hilton travel program
- Employee discount of 50% on Food & Beverage at Hilton Worldwide hotels
- Young and vibrant team that has a work hard/play hard attitude to life and who enjoy having fun at work as well.
Have we sparked your interest? Don’t hesitate, apply now and become part of the Hilton family!
- Horeca vacatures van: Hilton Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Karen De Vleeschauwer
- Adres: Apollolaan 138
1077 BG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 7106047
- Website: http://www.amsterdam.hilton.com