- Horeca vacatures van: LuminAir
- Standplaats: Oosterdoksstraat 4, 1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 75
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan, Bijbaan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 44753
- Geplaatst op: 18-02-2024
Algemene informatieThe Bar Back of LuminAir is responsible for preparing the bar mise en place and equipment and assisting Bartenders in serving beverages and creating exceptional customer experiences. This is an important role in the team, especially considering the rooftop bar & terrace, has undergone a full refurbishment, rebranding and repositioning with opening to the public on 30th of June 2023.
Our new rooftop bar & terrace LuminAir is an inspiring destination from day to evening in an ever-changeable space: The outside views as well as the interior environment will never be the same twice. LuminAir is a beverage led venue, with world-class mixology, exclusively tailored drinks and presentations based on sky and air elements. The food menu consists of modern Dutch and international bites, finger food and sharing plates, while the Eclipse menu – for (semi) private events from 30 till 300 guests – consists of modern canapés, table snacks, bar bites and cocktail dinners.
- Do you love seeing customers enjoy a drink you’ve recommended?
- Are you motivated to become a Bartender?
- Are you a supportive and inclusive team member?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
As Bar Back LuminAir you will:
1. Excellent Customer Experiences
- Welcome customers to build relationships and create a great first impression
- Know your menus in detail, so you can advise customers and make beverage recommendations when you take their orders
- Treat food allergies and dietary requirements with absolute seriousness
- Assist Bartenders with mise en place works: preparing the equipment, garnishes and glasses.
- Support the Bartenders to prepare and serve a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and garnishes, following the bar’s standard recipes
- Work closely with the service team so that all orders are correct and delivered on time, helping with table service if needed.
- Check that customers’ experiences meet their expectations and take action to improve service and resolve complaints quickly, with support from your Supervisor when needed.
- Recognize repeat customers and their preferences to provide personalized customer experiences.
2. Great Working Environment
- Work with the rest of the team to make sure operations run smoothly, contributing to a supportive, inclusive and motivational working environment for all Team Members.
3. Day-To-Day Essentials
- Make sure that you strictly comply with all regulations and standards, including health, safety and hygiene.
- Set up your section for service, and make sure that equipment, guest areas and work areas are clean and tidy throughout the shift.
- Make sure that you record all transactions in the POS system accurately at the time of order that billing is accurate and that cash handling complies with hotel guidelines.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies when needed.
- Give feedback and suggestions to the Bar leadership team to improve customer and team member experiences.
- Assist bartenders whenever is needed and ensure the stations are ready for the bar service
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone with a passion for bars and a general interest in cocktails and beverages. Previous experience in a similar position or service experience would be an advantage.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Customer focus, maintaining the highest standards of authentic service to create memorable guest experiences every time.
- Excellent communication skills to create connections with diverse customers and share information clearly
- High attention to detail, to get orders right every time.
- Great teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
The perfect candidate is fluent in English (Dutch language skills and POS systems knowledge would be an advantage).
Equally important, what do we offer?
Being part of our team as Bar Back of LuminAir means becoming a team member for one of the best employers in the Netherlands. Because taking care of our team is our top priority!
You will notice this by the following, among other things:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Access to personal development programs and hundreds of courses through Hilton University and Harvard Learning
- Industry-leading Team Member travel rates through Go Hilton
- The opportunity to offer Friends & Family Discounted Rates to 30 Friends & Family Members
- Wellbeing initiatives to help you thrive and be your best self
- A workplace to be proud of
- Opportunities to be recognized for being awesome and doing a great job
- Support and guidance from our Corporate F&B experts, when you need it
- The best staff parties
- Travel allowance as of 5km up to €7.66 per working days
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our F&B Outlets
- Up to 50% Food & Beverage discount in various restaurants in Amsterdam affiliated with the Black Card scheme
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in other Hilton Hotels in the Netherlands
- Option to lease an e-bike at a very favorable rate
- Free use of our fitness centre
- A newly renovated bar and terrace with 360° views over Amsterdam
USEFUL TO KNOW:
This position is available both full-time as well as part-time and will require working weekends and/or evening shifts.
- Horeca vacatures van: LuminAir
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Dirk Peters
- Adres: Oosterdoksstraat 4
1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 (0)20 5300 800
- Website: http://www.luminairamsterdam.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart