- Horeca vacatures van: LuminAir
- Standplaats: Oosterdoksstraat 4, 1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 75
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Parttime baan, Bijbaan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 44760
- Geplaatst op: 19-05-2023
Algemene informatieThe Host/Hostess of LuminAir is responsible for welcoming, acknowledging and seating Guests in a section of the Bar. You will manage table occupancy and ensure Guests feel special and looked after from the welcome until the farewell. This is an important role in the team, especially considering the rooftop bar & terrace, formally known as the SkyLounge Amsterdam, will undergo a full refurbishment, rebranding and repositioning in Q1/Q2 2023, aiming to open to the public by the beginning of June.
Our new rooftop bar & terrace LuminAir is an inspiring destination from day to evening in an ever-changeable space: the outside views as well as the interior environment will never be the same twice.
LuminAir is a beverage led venue, with world-class mixology, exclusively tailored drinks and presentations based on sky and air elements. The food menu will consist of modern Dutch and international bites, finger food and sharing plates, while the Eclipse menu – for (semi) private events between 30 to 300 guests – will consist or modern canapés, table snacks, bar bites and cocktail dinners.
- Are you passionate about creating memorable customer experiences?
- Do you love seeing customers enjoy the atmosphere and share the feedback?
- Are you a supportive and inclusive team member?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
As Host/Hostess of LuminAir you will:
1. Exceptional Guest Experiences
- Welcome customers to build relationships and create a great first impression
- Manage the (digital) queue for the bar
- Assign reservations to the tables and follow up on special occasions
- Memorize the regular guests and their preferences
- Know your menus and signature items in detail, so you can advise guests while escorting them to the tables
- Contribute to achieving bar revenue targets through upselling and personalized customer recommendations
- Communicate effectively with the team on the guest’s requests and comments
- Check that guests’ experiences meet their expectations, and take action to improve service and resolve complaints quickly, with support from your Supervisor when needed.
- Be there for the guests to wish the farewell and invite to come back
2. Great Working Environment
- Work effectively with the restaurant team to make sure operations run smoothly, contributing to a supportive, inclusive and motivational working environment for all Team Members.
3. Day-To-Day Essentials
- Make sure that you strictly comply with all regulations and standards, including health, safety and hygiene.
- Set up the Hostess Desk, and make sure that equipment, guest areas and work areas are kept clean and tidy throughout the shift.
- Make sure that you record all the reservations in the system accurately and accommodate guests’ requests.
- Handle payments when required and ensure that billing is accurate and that cash handling complies with hotel guidelines.
- Give feedback and suggestions to the Bar leadership team to improve guest and team member experiences.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone with a passion for food and beverage and at least 1 year experience in a similar position or Hotel Management School Education. Experience in a signature restaurant or destination bar would be an advantage.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Guest focus, maintaining the highest standards of authentic service to create memorable guest experiences every time.
- Excellent communication skills to create connections with diverse customers and share information clearly.
- Great teamwork and a positive attitude.
- Flexibility and adaptability, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
Equally important, what do we offer?
Being part of our team as Host/Hostess of LuminAir means becoming a team member for one of the best employers in the Netherlands. Because taking care of our team is our top priority!
You will notice this by the following, among other things:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Access to personal development programs and hundreds of courses through Hilton University and Harvard Learning
- Industry-leading Team Member travel rates through Go Hilton
- The opportunity to offer Friends & Family Discounted Rates to 30 Friends & Family Members
- Wellbeing initiatives to help you thrive and be your best self
- A workplace to be proud of
- Opportunities to be recognized for being awesome and doing a great job
- Support and guidance from our Corporate F&B experts, when you need it
- The best staff parties
- Travel allowance as of 5km up to €170 per month
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our F&B Outlets
- Up to 50% Food & Beverage discount in various restaurants in Amsterdam affiliated with the Black Card scheme
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in other Hilton Hotels in the Netherlands
- Option to lease a VanMoof e-bike at a very favorable rate
- Free use of our fitness centre
- A newly renovated bar and terrace with 360° views over Amsterdam
USEFUL TO KNOW:
This position is available both full-time and part-time and will require working weekends and/or evening shifts. Position requirements also include being able to walk and stand for hours.
- Horeca vacatures van: LuminAir
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Dirk Peters
- Adres: Oosterdoksstraat 4
1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 (0)20 5300 800
- Website: http://www.luminairamsterdam.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart