- Horeca vacatures van: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Standplaats: Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 62
- Dienstverband: Stage
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 45962
- Geplaatst op: 04-12-2023
Imagine the possibilities: a hotel in Amsterdam on the IJ, banquet areas in the hotel and next door for 15 to 1200 people. A unique opportunity to handle congresses, events and meetings with guests from all over the world as a meeting & events employee. One moment you are serving guests and the next moment you are building up the venues. At Mövenpick we make moments, do you?
Today on the schedule: a meeting of 15 people, a meeting with lunch of 20 people and a congress of 30 people. An ongoing day for you as an intern. You have your staff scheduled and ready, purchasing is done and everything else set up to perfection. Ready set go. The day starts and you are everywhere you are needed. You jump into the meeting of 20 people to pick up the dishes. You quickly brief your outsourced staff so that they know what to do in the afternoon. And in the meantime, you make sure a room is available for a meeting that wasn't booked but was needed. No problem, you have everything under control. Everything is running that day. As a result, you can focus on preparations for the conference for 1200 people that is about to take place. That means making plans for the employees, flow plans and working out logistics. No limits to your ability. In addition to this, you are:
- an MBO or HBO student looking for an informative internship for at least 20 weeks, 5 days a week;
- preparing and/or cleaning up the meeting rooms;
- responsible for welcoming guests and making them feel at home. Good service is number one;
- making desired adjustments to the rooms during or shortly before use;
- giving correct information about the drinks and dishes and serving them in the correct way;
- able to monitor quality of service levels and take action if we need to improve scores.
Your working hours depend on the type of event or preparations we have to make for it. That means that we usually start around 08:00 in the morning, or work an intermediate shift from the moment lunch will be served or we end the day at 15:00.
Proud to present
Mövenpick: the place to enjoy life. Inside, we create a space for our guests to enjoy by relaxing at the bar with a delicious cocktail or a creamy cappuccino. In our restaurants, you can discover the most delicious special dishes. We are originally from Switzerland, and we carry this luxurious gastronomic hospitality with us. ‘Enjoying life to the fullest.’ That is our mantra for our guests, but also for you as an employee.
You start every working day together with twenty national and international colleagues in our beautiful 4-star hotel located in Amsterdam. The team consists of young colleagues who are collegial and friendly towards each other. Despite the different nationalities, we can definitely speak of a close group of colleagues. You will work in a hotel that works together with the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, a total combined conference space of over 1900 m2, including 11 modern and spacious conference and directors’ rooms. Through the emergence of ijVENUES, Amsterdam’s new exhibition centre, everything only becomes bigger and better. On a lovely, sunny day, you can choose between a 10-minute walk or a 5-minute cycle ride from the central station. Or you can hop on the tram from the other side of our hotel. In short: we have it all.
"Work hard, play hard describes working at Mövenpick in the best way. Work hard? Definitely, and having teammates with heart for the business as well as for each other, makes working here every day a party." Operations Manager at Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre.
Don't work. Do what you love instead
And what you love most is making sure everything goes according to the plan. If not plan A, then plan B. You have an answer to everything, a counterproposal or a solution. Yes, is your answer. And because you can dream the schedule, for you it is a given rather than an exception. You are in control of the day, the week and the year. At the same time, you see the importance of knowing your staff, you are approachable and believe in the word empowerment. And you are just as likely to ask the director's to help clean up, just because sometimes you have to for the best end result.
Of course, we want you to have an optimal experience at Mövenpick. That is why we are offering:
- a trainee allowance of €500,- per month (including study- and travel allowance);
- 38-hours work week;
- a night-shift allowance of 20% and a Sunday allowance of 5%;
- national and international opportunities for growth, for instance towards the role of Receptionist or Shiftleader national and international training opportunities;
- a uniform, laundry service and meals;
- discounts on rooms, food and drink at Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Accor & HR-Group hotels;
- recruitment bonus for a new colleague;
- 50% F&B discount at various hotels in Amsterdam with the F&B discount card;
- various staff outings.
This is the right time to say yes
You can already see yourself walking around in our hotel along the IJ and you feel like handling all the possibilities. Do not wait any longer and send your motivation and resume to HR office firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions about the vacancy? You can ask your colleagues at HR department email@example.com.
Is it a match? We call you! Your interview will be with an employee of the HR department and the Banqueting Manager. Are you ready?
Heb jij interesse in deze functie?
Dan ontvangen wij graag je motivatie met CV! Je kunt reageren via ons Sollicitatieformulier. Website: http://www.werkenbijmovenpickhotel.nl/
- Horeca vacatures van: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Celine Balvers
- Adres: Piet Heinkade 11
1019 BR Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 519 1200
- Website: http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/europe/netherlands/amsterdam/hotel-amsterdam/overview/
- Privacyverklaring: https://www.movenpick.com/en/privacy-policy/