- Horeca vacatures van: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Standplaats: Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 62
- Dienstverband: Parttime baan
- Functie categorie: Bediening, bar, F&B
- Referentie nr: 45982
- Geplaatst op: 05-10-2023
Imagine the possibilities: a hotel in Amsterdam on the IJ, banquet areas in the hotel and next door for 15 to 1200 people. A unique opportunity to handle congresses, events and meetings with guests from all over the world as a meeting & events employee. One moment you are serving guests and the next moment you are building up the venues. At Mövenpick we make moments, do you?
Today on the schedule: a meeting of 15 people, a meeting with lunch of 20 people and a meeting of 30 people. An ongoing day for you and with your colleagues you make sure the guests have a good time with us. You don't just take the order or help the guests, you go the extra mile. "Would you like ice cubes in your Coke or a piece of lime? Would you like a lovely piece of cake with your cup of coffee, or would you like a glass of wine with a dish? I see you have the map of Amsterdam on the table, are you going to do something fun? If you have any questions about the city, feel free to ask." These are questions you ask and you immediately feel if the guest needs them or not. You proudly talk about local products and take time for each guest despite the crowds. No limits to your ability. In addition to this, you are:
- preparing and/or cleaning up the meeting rooms;
- responsible for welcoming guests and making them feel at home. Good service is number one;
- making desired adjustments to the rooms during or shortly before use;
- giving correct information about the drinks and dishes and serving them in the right way;
- making drinks and taking orders. You are also willing to have a chat with our guests about their visit to Amsterdam for example;
Your working hours depend on the type of event or preparations we have to make for it. That means that we usually start around 08:00 in the morning, or work an intermediate shift from the moment lunch will be served or we end the day at 15:00.
Proud to present
Mövenpick: the place to enjoy life. Inside, we create a space for our guests to enjoy by relaxing at the bar with a delicious cocktail or a creamy cappuccino. In our restaurants, you can discover the most delicious special dishes. We are originally from Switzerland, and we carry this luxurious gastronomic hospitality with us. ‘Enjoying life to the fullest.’ That is our mantra for our guests, but also for you as an employee.
You start every working day together with twenty national and international colleagues in our beautiful 4-star hotel located in Amsterdam. The team consists of young colleagues who are collegial and friendly towards each other. Despite the different nationalities, we can definitely speak of a close group of colleagues. You will work in a hotel that works together with the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, a total combined conference space of over 1900 m2, including 11 modern and spacious conference and directors’ rooms. Through the emergence of ijVENUES, Amsterdam’s new exhibition centre, everything only becomes bigger and better. On a lovely, sunny day, you can choose between a 10-minute walk or a 5-minute cycle ride from the central station. Or you can hop on the tram from the other side of our hotel. In short: we have it all.
"Work hard, play hard describes working at Mövenpick in the best way. Work hard? Definitely, and having teammates with heart for the business as well as for each other, makes working here every day a party." Operations Manager at Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre.
Don't work. Do what you love instead
Making sure guests have a good time is what you're all about. Full of enthusiasm, you engage them in every conversation. For example, you try to suggest local products. Meanwhile, you keep an eye on things and make sure everything runs smoothly. In such a way that the guest can enjoy without discovering stress. Guest satisfaction has your full focus. That means you also know how to tell great stories with our food and drinks. You know how to sell our products without laying it on too thick. Just subtle and pleasant for our guest.
Of course, as Mövenpick, we want your experience with us to be optimal. Therefore we offer you:
- a salary between €12,12 and €13,28 gross per month scaled in scale 3 according to the Horeca CAO.
- a zero hour contract;
- travel allowance on the basis of the actual number of kilometres;
- 20% night allowance and a 5% Sunday allowance;
- membership of the Horeca & Catering pension fund;
- national and international career opportunities to, for example, a position as supervisor. And training opportunities nationally and internationally;
- a uniform, laundry service and meals;
- discounts on rooms and food and beverages within Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Accor & HR-Group;
- enjoy an overnight stay with breakfast and dinner at the hotel where you work during your Mövenpick Experience;
- recruitment bonus for a new colleague;
- 50% F&B discount at various hotels in Amsterdam with the F&B discount card;
- various staff outings.
This is the right time to say yes
You can already see yourself walking around in our hotel along the IJ and you feel like handling all the possibilities. Do not wait any longer and send your motivation and resume to HR office firstname.lastname@example.org. Any questions about the vacancy? You can ask your colleagues at HR department email@example.com.
Is it a match? We call you! Your interview will be with an employee of the HR department and the Banqueting Manager. Are you ready?
Heb jij interesse in deze functie?
Dan ontvangen wij graag je motivatie met CV! Je kunt reageren via ons Sollicitatieformulier. Website: http://www.werkenbijmovenpickhotel.nl/
- Horeca vacatures van: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Celine Balvers
- Adres: Piet Heinkade 11
1019 BR Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 519 1200
- Website: http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/europe/netherlands/amsterdam/hotel-amsterdam/overview/
- Privacyverklaring: https://www.movenpick.com/en/privacy-policy/