The Hilton Rotterdam, renovated in June 2013, is located within walking distance of Rotterdam’s major conference locations, central railway station and shopping areas. Our facilities include Roots that offers a place to lunch, dine and relax.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of the most recognized names in the industry. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member at Hilton Rotterdam. Because at Hilton Hotels & Resorts we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
A F&B Management Intern is responsible for managing operations of all Food & Beverage outlets. A F&B Management Intern is responsible for delivering an excellent Guest and Team Member experience while training staff and working within budgeted guidelines.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintaining contact with guests in order to ensure their satisfaction with the range of products, their quality and the service offered.
- Efficient handling of guests’ complaints and their follow up. Ensure that guests who have complained are satisfied and make sure that these complaints are communicated to the relevant department and the F&B Manager.
- Responsible for the service sequence and maintaining an overviewof the whole restaurant, café, banqueting and room service.
- Organising and motivating staff to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Obtaining information on occupancy of the hotel and the daily activities and being fully aware of the SALT scores.
- Participating in Journey Ambassador shifts.
- Draw up work and holiday schedules in absence of the F&B manager, taking account of the work to be done in advance (e. g. hotel occupancy, groups, events in the hotel and / or in the city, etc.).
- Manage the team members of all outlets independently according to the valid guidelines.
- Ensuring that all team members are aware of the targets of the department, including the monthly sales targets.
- Making sure there is an active link/communication between the kitchen and service at all times. Discussing the menu, as well as any problems which may arise, with the Kitchen Chef every day.
- Being in charge of several projects during the internship that involves research and finding solutions to make the operations more efficient. As an intern you will be fully supported by the F&B Manager.
A F&B Management Intern is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other team members. To successfully fulfil this role, you should maintain the following attitude, behaviour, skills, and values:
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding Guests
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to delivering high level customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on your own and in teams
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Willingness to develop team members and yourself
- Speak/write/read Dutch &English fluently
- Currently undertaking a study in the field of Hospitality (HBO - final year of study)
- Minimum length of internship: 6 months
Solliciteren kan via: