- Horeca vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Spuistraat 175, 1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 127
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Health Club
- Referentie nr: 34962
- Geplaatst op: 22-03-2021
Algemene informatieBoldly coloring outside the lines of luxury, W turns the traditional notion of the extravagant hotel on its head. Our irreverent attitude and taste for excess redefine revelry for the modern jet set. Our guests have a lust for a life less ordinary that drives them to demand more, experience it all, and hit repeat.
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Join us to continue your career as Away Spa Manager at W Amsterdam where design, music and fashion connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Living Room. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Located on the Bank side, the award-winning Away Spa is an urban sanctuary complete with a luxury spa, energy-charged fitness center, and glamorous swimming pool. It is well established amongst locals, a loyal membership base as well as international W guests.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s New/Next.
Located near Dam Square, W Amsterdam is right in the heart of the city, just steps from the iconic canal district with its vibrant restaurants, bars and nightlife scene and an easy stroll to the boutiques of the 9 Streets district.
We are looking for an Away Spa Manager that is enthusiastic about W and passionate about music, style and innovation. You take the lead in developing the well-established Away Spa further, taking it to the next level. As department head, you direct and work with your supervisor and talent to successfully execute all spa operations. You strive to continually improve guest and talent satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. It is critical that the Away Spa Manager represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. They, like the rest of our ‘talent’ are the soul behind the brand and they bring it to life.
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of Away Spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and talent. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, member recruitment, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the Away Spa team to successfully execute all spa operations.
Proven track record of leadership experience in a similar environment.
Languages: English is a must, other languages are appreciated. Dutch is a plus.
Valid working permit for The Netherlands
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
- Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
- Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
- Manages supply inventories and purchasing control against budget.
- Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Works with the Style Manager to maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Creates and coordinates special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific groups and spa membership negotiations and agreements.
- Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, marketing efforts and holiday events.
- Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
- Identifies and recommends new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
- Monitors and Manages all cost and payroll.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll forecasts.
- Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers talent to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Reviews findings with talent to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
- Interviews and selects all talent with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Develops, implements and maintains an Away Spa onboarding program for talent to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct reports.
- Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with talent and ensuring talent do the same within the team.
- Solicits talent feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing talent satisfaction results to identify and address talent problems or concerns.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and producing desired business results.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Horeca vacatures van: W Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: leonie lepoutre
- Adres: Spuistraat 175
1012 VN Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 0031208112500
- Website: http://www.wamsterdam.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart