- Horeca vacatures van: LuminAir
- Standplaats: Oosterdoksstraat 4, 1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 75
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 45106
- Geplaatst op: 26-08-2023
Algemene informatieThe Sous Chef of LuminAir (aka “The bar above Amsterdam”) is responsible for the full food program of our new rooftop bar. Main duties include the team and ensuring high levels of food preparation in the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest-, and Member experience while controlling food cost, waste, team member satisfaction, ordering and other related tasks. This is a key role in the hotels’ kitchen leadership team, especially considering the rooftop bar & terrace, has undergone a full refurbishment, rebranding and repositioning with opening to the public on 30th of June 2023.
Our new rooftop bar & terrace LuminAir is an inspiring destination from day to evening in an ever-changeable space: The outside views as well as the interior environment will never be the same twice. LuminAir is a beverage led venue, with world-class mixology, exclusively tailored drinks and presentations based on sky and air elements. The food menu consists of modern Dutch and international bites, finger food and sharing plates, while the Eclipse menu – for (semi) private events from 30 till 300 guests – consists of modern canapés, table snacks, bar bites and cocktail dinners.
- Do you want to serve the best bar bites and walking dinners in town together with an international culinary team?
- Do you know what it takes to inspire your team to create exceptional culinary experiences every time?
- As a team leader, are you supportive and inclusive?
As Sous Chef of LuminAir, you will:
1. Excellent Food & Beverage
- Assist the head chef to create attractive F&B concepts, menus, products and promotions that drive revenue and profit.
- Deliver high quality, well-presented food and to meet Guests’ needs and social media feeds.
2. Exceptional Guest Experience
- Deliver exceptional guest experiences by maintaining consistent high product knowledge and keep with the trends.
- Ensure food allergies and dietary requirements are treated with absolute seriousness and that all working areas are kept clean and tidy to prevent cross-contamination. Actively follow-up on HACCP standards.
- Assist the chef in reviewing and acting on guest feedback, adapting and creating new dishes for various menus.
3. Great Working Environment
- Lead, train and inspire the rooftop bars’ kitchen team; create an inclusive environment where all Team Members can thrive and achieve their professional goals
- Assist the Head Chef in the training of all staff in compliance with procedures.
- Communicate well and often, build great relationships with teams in the hotel.
4. Day-to-Day Essentials
- Prepare and supervise the mise-en-place activities for all relevant menus and work in the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Guide and supervise in the processes of food cost controlling, ordering and waste controlling.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Make sure kitchen operations strictly comply with all regulations (including health, safety and hygiene, food safety certification, licensing) and that potentially hazardous situations are identified, reported and corrected. Report and control maintenance of appliances and surroundings.
- Keep up to date with what is happening in F&B – current and future trends, markets, ingredients, competitors and suppliers – to drive innovation.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a strong leader who is passionate about food, with at least 1 year’ experience as a (Junior) Sous Chef (or strong experience) and is in the possession of a current, valid, and relevant trade commercial cookery qualification. Knowledge of the current food trends, the possession of a SVH Mentor Certificate and/or the possession of an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate would be an advantage.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Commercial focus, with a mindset for driving business performance.
- Inspirational leadership and people management skills, experience in working with, training and motivating an international team and working effectively with other departments. Strong coaching and problem-solving skills are benefitial within this role as well. You are able to work on your own and within a team.
- Great verbal and written communication skills and being able to deliver a compelling message for the right audience, from team briefings, to daily operational communication.
- Guest focus, maintaining the highest standards of service and quality to create memorable guest experiences.
- The right certifications including NVQ Level 3-4, & Basic Food Hygiene Certificate are required within this role
- Creativity and problem-solving skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
Equally important, what do we offer?
Being part of our team as Sous Chef of LuminAir means becoming a team member for one of the best employers in the Netherlands. Because taking care of our team is our top priority!
You will notice this by the following, among other things:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Access to personal development programs and hundreds of courses through Hilton University and Harvard Learning
- Industry-leading Team Member travel rates through Go Hilton
- The opportunity to offer Friends & Family Discounted Rates to 30 Friends & Family Members
- Wellbeing initiatives to help you thrive and be your best self
- A workplace to be proud of
- Opportunities to be recognized for being awesome and doing a great job
- Support and guidance from our Corporate F&B experts, when you need it
- The best staff parties
- Travel allowance as of 5km up to €170 per month
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our F&B Outlets
- Up to 50% Food & Beverage discount in various restaurants in Amsterdam affiliated with the Black Card scheme
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in other Hilton Hotels in the Netherlands
- Option to lease a VanMoof e-bike at a very favorable rate
- Free use of our fitness centre
- A newly renovated bar and terrace with 360° views over Amsterdam
USEFUL TO KNOW:
This position is full-time and will require working weekends and/or evening shifts.
- Horeca vacatures van: LuminAir
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Dirk Peters
- Adres: Oosterdoksstraat 4
1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 (0)20 5300 800
- Website: http://www.luminairamsterdam.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart