- Vacatures Horeca
- Horeca Bedrijven A-Z
- Horeca vacatures plaatsen
- Horeca Carrière Coach
- Horeca vacatures
|Horeca Vacature van:||The Hague Marriott Hotel|
|Locatie:||2517 JR Den Haag, Zuid-Holland|
|Type horeca bedrijf:||Hotel|
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while assisting in leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance in all areas of responsibility. Assists in supervising all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved. Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all food preparation areas (e.g., banquets, room service, restaurants, bar/lounge and employee cafeteria) and all support areas (e.g., dish room and purchasing) as applicable.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Culinary Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests based on required specifications.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
• Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
• Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
• Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
• Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
• Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assists individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Understands the impact of departments operation on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Trains employees in safety procedures.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
• Manages payroll administration.
• Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
• Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Participates in employee progress discipline procedures.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott Hotels believes the modern global traveler deserves a generous host to take care of all the details, allowing our guests the freedom to focus on what they truly care about and to experience the best of what the world has to offer.. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Westmont Management Ltd. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Westmont has become one of the largest privately-held hospitality organisations in the world, with almost 500 hotels across three continents. Westmont has formed strategic alliances with many of the world's largest hotel brands. These include Fairmont, InterContinental Hotels Group, Hilton, Accor, Starwood, Wyndham, Choice Hotels, Renaissance, Radisson and Best Western. The company is one of the largest franchisees and co-owners of IHG hotels and Hilton hotels worldwide. Westmont has a diversified portfolio ranging from budget and apart hotels to mid-market business and large conference hotels to boutique hotels and luxury resorts.
The hotel has been rebranded in January 2016 to join the Marriott portfolio as
"The Hague Marriott". Prior to which it will undergo a € 10 million refurbishment of all the rooms and common areas.
The Hague Marriott is the largest hotel in The Hague and is ideally located in the middle of the picturesque " Statenkwartier" district, next to convention centre World Forum, prime-minister’s residence" Catshuis" and " Gemeentemuseum", between city centre and beach.
With 306 comfortable rooms and suites, including the Penthouse Suite, this luxury hotel offers the perfect solution for any stay. All rooms and suites, with city or beach view, are equipped with air-conditioning, a flat screen TV with 60 international TV-channels and free wireless internet.
|Bedrijf:||The Hague Marriott Hotel|
|Contact persoon/ afdeling:||HR Algemeen|
|Adres:||Johan de Wittlaan 30
2517 JR Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
Sollicitatie gaat direct naar: The Hague Marriott HotelSolliciteer
Stuur je brief met C.V. naar:
'The Hague Marriott Hotel'
t.a.v. HR Algemeen
Johan de Wittlaan 30, 2517 JR Den Haag, Zuid-Holland
U kunt direct contact opnemen met dit bedrijf.
Meer vacatures van dit bedrijf