- Horeca vacatures van: Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Standplaats: Schiphol Boulevard 701, 1118 BN Luchthaven Schiphol, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 192
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Portiers, bagagisten
- Referentie nr: 15315
- Geplaatst op: 10-12-2019
Algemene informatieAre you passionate about delivering outstanding customer experience and do you want to contribute to the first impression of our guests? We might have what you are looking for! We are currently recruiting a new Porter at Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
A Porter with Hilton Hotels & Resorts delivers exceptional customer service to guests on a consistent basis, contributing to an overall exceptional guest experience. In addition, you are partly responsible for the safety and security in the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As a Porter, you interact with all the Guests and contribute to their first impressions of the hotel. You must therefore perform all of the tasks to the highest standards with great enthusiasm and a big smile. You will provide a consistent exceptional customer service to guests by:
- Welcoming guests upon arrival and assist with their luggage
- Accompany or transfer guests from and to the airport (if applicable)
- Maintain frequent contact with regular guests
- Stay current on all hotel services as well as VIP requirements and special events in the neighborhood
- Demonstrate a current knowledge of external locations, attractions and landmarks in the area
- Project a professional manner with an emphasis on hospitality and guest service offer consistent, high standard service and assistance to guests and maintain a lobby presence that offers courteous and attentive service
- Assist with room moves and luggage deliveries and man the Front Door, following all standard operating procedures
- Ensure the effective handling and storing of luggage for arriving/departing Guests and clients
- Ensure that the supervisor and manager on duty are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from either the guests or other departments
- Communicate with Security regarding any unattended luggage or suspicious activities
- Take care of security issues that may need immediate attention
- Make security rounds (morning, evening , night) and document your findings
- Greet all guests in public areas and rooms in a warm manner
- Comply with all hotel security, fire regulations and Health & Safety legislation
Porters serving Hilton Hotels & Resorts are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fulfill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a similar role or customer-focused industry
- Previous work experience in 4-5 star hotels.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Flexibility and adaptability to work different shift (morning, afternoon, evening, Night)
- Valid driving license and clean record
- Excellent grooming standards
- Commitment to respond to Guest requests and deliver high levels of service
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Able to speak and understand the English language
- Calm, courteous and discreetIt would be beneficial in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Able to speak and understand the Dutch language.
Do you thrive in your personal and professional life? Within Hilton we believe a good balance between personal and work life is very important. For this reason we offer our team members, among other things, flexible work hours, healthy options in the team member restaurant, team building and sports activities, development opportunities and several activities regarding team member appreciation.
Hilton aims to create a diverse and inclusive organizational culture, so it does not make a difference to us where you were born, what you believe in or who you love! We are curious about you and your talent and are happy to help you grow within our organization.
Our hotel and all our offices are accessible with a wheelchair and if needed we are able to adjust the workplace.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand’s reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement, travel allowance and excellent learning & development opportunities.
As an employee you will be able to enroll in the GO Hilton program that offers reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus F&B discounts at Hilton hotels in The Netherlands. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would benefit from working for a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
- Horeca vacatures van: Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Danielle van Lavieren
- Adres: Schiphol Boulevard 701
1118 BN Luchthaven Schiphol, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: + 31 (0)20 710 4046
- Website: http://www.hiltonworldwide.com/careers
Bekijk locatie op kaart