- Horeca vacatures van: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Standplaats: Herengracht 542-556, 1017 CG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 162
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks , Management
- Referentie nr: 28752
- Geplaatst op: 09-09-2021
Algemene informatieAs a Sous Chef for the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam you will be responsible for ensuring consistent quality of customer service is provided to the guests in accordance with the Waldorf Astoria True Service Standards.To provide guests with a memorable stay experience that is personalized to their needs, throughout their stay at the hotel by ensuring that the team is responding efficiently to their enquiries and advising them of the amenities and benefits offered by the hotel. Supports team members on a daily basis with any queries and issues that may arise, engages with them to ensure well-being and satisfaction. Has the responsibility to assist the management to drive and deliver positive results.
What will I be doing?
As Sous Chef you are responsible for contributing to menu creation and managing and training the kitchen brigade to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Sous Chef will also be required to manage food cost controls. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef to hire, train, supervise, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks, and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls, and forecasts needs.
- Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times
- Assist the Executive Chef and managing customer relations when necessary
- Ensure resources meet business needs through the effective management of working rotas
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of your team
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
- Knowledge of activities in other departments and implications
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards
In addition to performance of the essential tasks, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assist Executive Chef in estimating annual food budget.
- Dine at local restaurants to observe the latest trends in food presentation/pricing.
- Monitor outlets during peak periods to oversee production flow and presentation.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Report any equipment in need of repair or replacement to Property Operations.
- Perform other duties as requested, such as VIP parties and staff meetings.
A Sous Chef serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Considerable knowledge of mathematics (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division) to create and interpret reports, budgets, and forecasts.
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
- Extensive knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation
- Strong Junior Sous Chef or previous Sous Chef Experience
- Strong supervisory skills
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organising skillsIt would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant qualifications for role
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evening
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement.
As an employee you will become a member of the GO Hilton programme, which provides reduced room rates in all our hotels WORLDWIDE, which means you can choose out of over 7,000 properties in more than 100 countries and all this not only for yourself but off course to share with your friends and family as well. Not only will you receive discount on room rates but also 50% off on Food & Beverage.
In addition you will be entitled to discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners, for example Guerlain and Avis.
We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands. The magnitude of this company leads to numerous career opportunities worldwide. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
- Horeca vacatures van: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Marit Brommer
- Adres: Herengracht 542-556
1017 CG Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: 020 7184633
- Website: http://www.waldorfastoria.com/amsterdam
Bekijk locatie op kaart