- Horeca vacatures van: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Standplaats: Piet Heinkade 11, 1019 BR Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 62
- Dienstverband: Stage
- Functie categorie: Sales en marketing, banquet sales , Overige
- Referentie nr: 46418
- Geplaatst op: 21-11-2023
At a unique location in one of Amsterdam's major hotel and event venues, you are faced with a new challenge. Selling and successfully planning large events for 15 to 1200 people, alongside your colleagues, is what truly excites you as a conference and event trainee. At Mövenpick, we make moments, do you?
Selling a wide range of large and small meetings and events, in collaboration with your colleagues, energizes you. You handle the request from A to Z. You create a plan, arrange the contract, and ensure that all other related matters run smoothly. You motivate yourself and, under the team's guidance, ensure that the business comes in. Successful events are your goal, and you keep this in mind. This also means working closely with the organization and ensuring that reception and housekeeping staff receive the right instructions. If you do your job well, along with your colleagues, the event or conference becomes an experience for the visitors and, therefore, a great success. There are no limits to your abilities.In addition, you will be:
- available MBO or HBO student for a minimum of 20 weeks, 5 days a week;
- maximizing revenue through yield management, upselling, and pricing;
- working towards achieving revenue goals with your colleagues;
- busy discussing wishes/requirements and preparing competitive cost budgets and proposals for groups, concluding contracts and making final arrangements;
- responsible for receiving accounts and organizing tours inside the hotel;
- registering all ongoing offers and monitoring the follow-up of outstanding proposals;
- responsible for the complete organization of small-scale events within our hotel, with the opportunity for growth to handling and organise larger events;
- the link between the organisation and its relations;
- busy with administrative tasks such as processing appointments and communicating them to colleagues in the operational departments of the hotel;
- responsible for after-sales activities;
- a team player with a passion for sales and planning;
- implementing the hotel regulations regarding cancellations, no-shows, etc.
Proud to present
Mövenpick: the place to enjoy life. Inside, we create a space for our guests to enjoy by relaxing at the bar with a delicious cocktail or a creamy cappuccino. In our restaurants, you can discover the most delicious special dishes. We are originally from Switzerland, and we carry this luxurious gastronomic hospitality with us. ‘Enjoying life to the fullest.’ That is our mantra for our guests, but also for you as an employee.
And you provide that experience with a team of six to ten conference & events executives, one conference & events supervisor and one manager in our beautiful 4-star hotel located in Amsterdam overlooking the river IJ. With a beautiful atmosphere in our team, we help each other during busy moments so everything runs smoothly. You will work in a hotel that works together with the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam, a total combined conference space of over 1900 m2, including 11 modern and spacious conference and directors’ rooms. Through the emergence of ijVENUES, Amsterdam’s new exhibition centre, everything only becomes bigger and better. On a lovely, sunny day, you can choose between a 10-minute walk or a 5-minute cycle ride from the central station. Or you can hop on the tram from the other side of our hotel. In short: we have it all.
"At Mövenpick, we take good care of our people and ensure that we can deliver successful events and conferences for our customers, where they can enjoy a great atmosphere that also prevails in our team." - Director of Sales & Marketing, Mövenpick.
Don’t work. Do what you love instead
What makes you happy is working with a large team and feeling the rush of achieving good results. You are a driven sales person, very precise when it comes to administration and enthusiastic about working with numbers. You keep an overview of small and large events, and you don't like to say `no’ to a request "Yes, we can" sounds better to you. You must have:
- preferably knowledge of the Opera IT system;
- fluent written and spoken knowledge of the English language, and preferably the Dutch language as well.
Of course, we want you to have an optimal experience at Mövenpick. That is why we are offering:
- a trainee allowance of €500,- per month (including study- and travel allowance);
- 38-hours work week;
- a night-shift allowance of 20% and a Sunday allowance of 5%;
- national and international opportunities for growth, for instance towards the role of executive and national and international training opportunities;
- a uniform, laundry service and meals;
- discounts on rooms, food and drink at Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Accor & HR-Group hotels;
- recruitment bonus for a new colleague;
- 50% F&B discount at various hotels in Amsterdam with the F&B discount card;
- various staff outings.
This is the right time to say yes
You see it as a challenge to put a smile on the face of all guests visiting our hotel? Then do not hesitate any longer: send us your motivation letter and CV, or if you have any questions you can contact the HR Office via email@example.com or by phone at +31 (0)20 519 1222.
If it is a match, you will be interviewed by a member of the HR department and Conference & Events manager. Are you ready?
Heb jij interesse in deze functie?
Dan ontvangen wij graag je motivatie met CV! Je kunt reageren via ons Sollicitatieformulier. Website: http://www.werkenbijmovenpickhotel.nl/
- Horeca vacatures van: Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Celine Balvers
- Adres: Piet Heinkade 11
1019 BR Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 20 519 1200
- Website: http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/europe/netherlands/amsterdam/hotel-amsterdam/overview/
- Privacyverklaring: https://www.movenpick.com/en/privacy-policy/