- Horeca vacatures van: DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station
- Standplaats: Oosterdoksstraat 4, 1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 207
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 44184
- Geplaatst op: 13-03-2023
Algemene informatieThe Head Chef of the new Rooftop bar (aka “The bar above Amsterdam”) is responsible for the full food program of our new rooftop bar. Main duties include the team and ensuring high levels of food preparation in the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest-, and Member experience while controlling food cost, waste, team member satisfaction, ordering and other related tasks. This is a key role in the hotels’ kitchen leadership team, especially considering the rooftop bar & terrace, formally known as the SkyLounge Amsterdam, will undergo a full refurbishment, rebranding and repositioning in Q1/Q2 2023, aiming to open to the public by the beginning of June.
Our new rooftop bar & terrace will be an inspiring destination from day to evening in an ever-changeable space: The outside views as well as the interior environment will never be the same twice. The new Rooftop bar is a beverage led venue, with world-class mixology, concepted drinks and presentations based on sky and air elements. The food menu will consist of modern Dutch and international bites, finger food and sharing plates, while the events menu – for (semi) private events from 30 till 300 guests – will consist of modern canapés, table snacks, bar bites and cocktail dinners.
- Are you creative and an “out of the box” thinker?
- Do you want to serve the best bar bites and walking dinners in town together with an international culinary team?
- Do you know what it takes to inspire your team to create exceptional culinary experiences every time?
- As a team leader, are you supportive and inclusive?
As Head Chef of the new Rooftop bar you will:
1. Excellent Food & Beverage
- Partner with the Food & Beverage team to create attractive F&B concepts, menus, products and promotions that drive revenue and profit.
- Deliver high-quality, well-presented food and to meet Guests’ needs- and Instagram feeds!
- Champion Hilton’s sustainability goals through local sourcing use of seasonal products and minimizing food waste.
2. Exceptional Guest Experience
- Deliver exceptional guest experiences by maintaining consistent high product knowledge within the F&B Team.
- Ensure food allergies and dietary requirements are treated with absolute seriousness and that all working areas are kept clean and tidy to prevent cross-contamination. Actively follow-up on HACCP standards.
- Review and act on Guest feedback, adapting and creating new dishes for various menus.
- Enhance the hotel’s image through online reputation management for F&B, driving positive reviews on key platforms and websites.
3. Great Working Environment.
- Lead, develop and inspire the rooftop bar kitchen team; create an inclusive environment where all Team Members can thrive and achieve their professional goals
- Practice great people management, from recruitment to training and succession, planning and recognition. Assist the Executive Head Chef in the training of all staff in compliance with procedures.
- Develop an efficient F&B Operations workforce plan to identify current and future needs based on forecast business volumes, budgets and HR guidelines.
- Communicate well and often, build great relationships with key stakeholders.
4. Day-to-Day Essentials
- Prepare and supervise the mise-en-place activities for all relevant menus and work in the daily operations of the rooftop bar kitchen.
- Guide and supervise in the processes of food cost controlling, ordering and waste controlling.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Make sure kitchen operations strictly comply with all regulations (including health, safety and hygiene, food safety certification, licensing) and that potentially hazardous situations are identified, reported and corrected. Report and control maintenance of appliances and surroundings.
- Work with the purchasing team to select suppliers and create efficient purchasing processes, whilst being environmentally aware.
- Keep up to date with what is happening in F&B – current and future trends, markets, ingredients, competitors and suppliers – to drive innovation.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an inspirational leader who is passionate about food, with at least 3 years’ experience as a (Junior) Sous Chef (or strong experience) and is in the possession of a current, valid, and relevant trade commercial cookery qualification. Knowledge of the current food trends, the possession of a SVH Mentor Certificate and/or the possession of an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate would be an advantage.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Commercial focus, with a demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional business performance and results.
- Inspirational leadership and people management skills, experienced in leading, developing and motivating a large international team and working effectively with other departments. Strong coaching and problem-solving skills are needed within this role as well. You are able to work on your own and within a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and being able to deliver a compelling message for the right audience, from team briefings, to inter-departmental messages and meetings, to business presentations.
- Guest focus, maintaining the highest standards of service and quality to create memorable guest experiences.
- Effective relationship management skills to build good working relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally, including suppliers, other departments and corporate representatives.
- The right certifications including NVQ Level 4, & Basic Food Hygiene Certificate are required within this role
- Creativity, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
Equally important, what do we offer?
Being part of our team as Head Chef of the new Rooftop bar means becoming a team member for one of the best employers in the Netherlands. Because taking care of our team is our top priority!
You will notice this by the following, among other things:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Access to personal development programs and hundreds of courses through Hilton University and Harvard Learning
- Industry-leading Team Member travel rates through Go Hilton
- The opportunity to offer Friends & Family Discounted Rates to 30 Friends & Family Members
- Wellbeing initiatives to help you thrive and be your best self
- A workplace to be proud of
- Opportunities to be recognized for being awesome and doing a great job
- Support and guidance from our Corporate F&B experts, when you need it
- The best staff parties
- Travel allowance as of 5km up to €170 per month
- A newly renovated kitchen with great views over the IJ
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our F&B Outlets
- Up to 50% Food & Beverage discount in various restaurants in Amsterdam affiliated with the Black Card scheme
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in other Hilton Hotels in the Netherlands
- Option to lease a VanMoof e-bike at a very favorable rate
- Free use of our fitness centre
USEFUL TO KNOW:
This position is full-time. The role will require working weekends, however mainly daytime shifts. Ideal start date would be April / beginning of May.
- Horeca vacatures van: DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Dirk Peters
- Adres: Oosterdoksstraat 4
1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 (0)20 5300800
- Website: https://bit.ly/3J3UF63
Bekijk locatie op kaart