- Horeca vacatures van: LuminAir
- Standplaats: Oosterdoksstraat 4, 1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Totaal aantal medewerkers: 75
- Dienstverband: Fulltime baan, Wajong baan
- Functie categorie: Keuken - koks
- Referentie nr: 44761
- Geplaatst op: 19-11-2023
Algemene informatieThe Kitchen Assistant of LuminAir (aka “The bar above Amsterdam”) is responsible for supporting the culinary team of our new rooftop bar. This is an important role in the hotels’ kitchen team, especially considering the rooftop bar & terrace, has undergone a full refurbishment, rebranding and repositioning with opening to the public on 30th of June 2023. especially considering the rooftop bar & terrace, has undergone a full refurbishment, rebranding and repositioning with opening to the public on 30th of June 2023.
Our new rooftop bar & terrace LuminAir is an inspiring destination from day to evening in an ever-changeable space: The outside views as well as the interior environment will never be the same twice. LuminAir is a beverage led venue, with world-class mixology, exclusively tailored drinks and presentations based on sky and air elements. The food menu consists of modern Dutch and international bites, finger food and sharing plates, while the Eclipse menu – for (semi) private events from 30 till 300 guests – consists of modern canapés, table snacks, bar bites and cocktail dinners.
- Are you great in following well-thought recipes
- Do you like to support a professional chefs team
- Do you want to serve the best bar bites and walking dinners in town together with an international culinary team?
As Kitchen Assistant of LuminAir you will:
1. Excellent Food & Beverage
- Deliver high quality, consistent, well-presented food and to meet Guests’ needs and social media feeds.
2. Exceptional Guest Experience
- Deliver exceptional guest experiences by maintaining consistent high product knowledge and keeping up with the trends.
- Ensure food allergies and dietary requirements are treated with absolute seriousness and that all working areas are kept clean and tidy to prevent cross-contamination. Maintain HACCP standards as set by the chefs.
- Ability to work under pressure and work in an international team.
- Good time management skills.
- Communicate well and often, build great relationships with the team.
- Stress resistant in a high-paced environment.
- Willing to enhance your own skills and ability to learn.
4. Day-to-Day Essentials
- Prepare and maintain the mise-en-place activities for all relevant menus and work in the daily operations of the kitchen.
- Maintain the processes of food cost and waste controlling.
- Make sure kitchen operations strictly comply with all regulations (including health, safety and hygiene, food safety certification) and that potentially hazardous situation are identified, reported and corrected. Report any necessary maintenance of appliances and surroundings.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a person who is passionate about food and wants to work in our new rooftop bar.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Strong team player who is able to work on your own and within an international team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills where you can deliver a compelling message to the right person in the right time.
- Guest focus, maintaining the highest standards of service and quality to create memorable guest experiences.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate are required within this role, but can be obtained in the hotel.
- Creativity and problem-solving skills, able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and focused under pressure.
Equally important, what do we offer?
Being part of our team as Kitchen Assistant of LuminAir means becoming a team member for one of the best employers in the Netherlands. Because taking care of our team is our top priority!
You will notice this by the following, among other things:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Access to personal development programs and hundreds of courses through Hilton University and Harvard Learning
- Industry-leading Team Member travel rates through Go Hilton
- The opportunity to offer Friends & Family Discounted Rates to 30 Friends & Family Members
- Wellbeing initiatives to help you thrive and be your best self
- A workplace to be proud of
- Opportunities to be recognized for being awesome and doing a great job
- Support and guidance from our Corporate F&B experts, when you need it
- The best staff parties
- Travel allowance as of 5km up to €170 per month
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in our F&B Outlets
- Up to 50% Food & Beverage discount in various restaurants in Amsterdam affiliated with the Black Card scheme
- 50% Food & Beverage discount in other Hilton Hotels in the Netherlands
- Option to lease a VanMoof e-bike at a very favorable rate
- Free use of our fitness centre
- A newly renovated bar and terrace with 360° views over Amsterdam
USEFUL TO KNOW:
This position is full-time and will require working weekends and/or evening shifts.
- Horeca vacatures van: LuminAir
- Contact persoon / afdeling: Dirk Peters
- Adres: Oosterdoksstraat 4
1011 DK Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
- Telefoonnummer: +31 (0)20 5300 800
- Website: http://www.luminairamsterdam.com
Bekijk locatie op kaart